Tuesday 17 April 2012

Inspirational and humbling..


It's hard to see the woods for the trees sometimes isn't it? I spend most days on auto pilot rushing from one appointment to the next. I struggle to wake up in the morning as the monotony of the day ahead looms over me - getting myself and the four girls up, fed, dressed, washed and out of the door on time. There's packed lunches to be made, swimming kits to find, toys and clutter to tidy away, dishes to wash, mounds of laundry to do, meals to make....the list is endless.

But occasionally, during our regular, dreary existence we are lucky enough to come across something moving and Inspiring, something that puts our insignificant silly little struggles into perspective. Today was one of those days. During a year 8 weekly RE lesson the teacher introduced us all to the immensely motivational and inspiring man Nick Vujicic.We watched this video No legs, No arms, No worries.......




It was pleasing to see that even the most hardened and poorly behaved pupils had a morsel of compassion, the whole class sat in silence and many were even reduced to tears. I struggled to keep down the lump that had formed in my throat, it was the best four minutes I've spent in a long time and left me determined to stay focused on all the amazing positives I have in my life rather than dwelling on the negatives.

Its hard to be thankful for the wonderful things we do have in our lives when we are constantly worrying about where the next pay check is going to come from to cover that astronomical electricity bill or how we are going to feed our families when food prices are continuing to sky rocket daily but I have to remind myself I've got arms, I've got legs, I've got no worries!

2 comments:

  1. I think I needed to read this post today and watch that video. You're absolutely right - we have SO much to be grateful for. And we often need reminding of that. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosie I'm so glad you watched that video - he's amazing and your right we do need reminding OFTEN how lucky we really are.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!