Wednesday 1 August 2012

Last minute Jolly Holidays

Phew! It has been a rather busy first week to the summer holidays in the Bold house.  We spent days out at the beach in Southport, train rides to Liverpool, visits to museums, picnics, birthday parties and sleepovers at Nanny's house.  So when I came home on Thursday evening after a two hour seven mile walk (I'm training for a 26 mile charity walk) the last thing I needed was to be told we were off to Centre Parcs and I had less than twelve hours to get some shut eye and pack for SIX  yes SIX people!



needless to say I was less than impressed but with four, hyper, excited little girls to peel off the ceiling and get to bed not to mention all that packing and organising, I had to grin and bare it.  Mr Bold is rather prone to impromptu spontaneity so I shouldn't have been so surprised and as we haven't been on a proper holiday in nearly three years I wanted to make the most of our last minute weekend trip to Center Parcs.


 


We set off for Whinfell Forrest on Friday enjoying the beautiful views along the way and as we were sharing with friends, to split the cost, we opted for a more plush woodland lodge which was amazing, we even had our very own infrared physiotherm room. The girls had a ball In the adventure play parks and couldn't get enough of the zip wire, I even had a go too.  But by far the best time spent was in the oasis swimming pools......



We had a fantastic weekend. The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves, Mr Bold chilled with a few beers and I was treated to a trip to the spa as well. We loved spending quality time together and it really has made all the difference.  We can't wait for our next trip to Center Parcs and are already looking to book again for more family fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!