Sunday 9 August 2009

PMT turns me into Psycho wife


I got my period today! Now that's monumental as it finally explains my head spinning raging lunatic tendencies and the erratic behaviour I've been displaying over the past twenty four hours. My poor husband has bore the brunt of my extremely unreasonable behaviour, which resulted in me stomping off to bed last night for the SECOND time in an hour, sobbing uncontrollably that i wanted to be "left alone" and this life is just "too much to take, i want some space..on my OWNNNNN".

Oh my i was a little worked up to say the least, the black mist had been descending all day and i spent the most part sulking like a teenager and crying because the random sales call guy on the phone had been a little short with me. The kids didn't help constantly demanding snacks, juice, cuddles, the list is endless and the incessant arguing and fighting over bratz dolls and prams was relentless. Whilst changing Eva's nappy (overflowing with poo) a big Pattie still warm and with a red tinge to it, must have been the spag bol from the previous evening, fell out of said nappy and onto my new flip flops and all over my toes.....NICE! Needless to say i began to weep again, just when you think your day can't get any worse, another pile of shite just lands right on you again, literally.

Now, to be honest, the constant moaning, whining, slaving away, poo splattering incidents are all par for the course in the Bold house and every day occurrences that i usually deal with no problems, but yesterday was not a normal day... i had PMT. Mr Bold gave a sigh of relief this morning when i asked him to nip to Tesco's to get me some nappies and TAMPONS "So that's why you've been so bloody moody then?"

Yep, it pains me to admit this but i happen to turn psycho the day before my periods due, for some reason the past couple of months i have gotten increasingly worse, lets hope next month i find a miraculous cure, failing that i think I'll just hide away in a dark room for two days. Why is it so much more difficult being a woman? I'm telling you I'll be coming back as a man in my next life!

17 comments:

  1. yup - sounds all too familiar, and even if you know that's the reason why you are in a short temper, it is so real at the time it seems like there is no avoiding it. The tears are all so embarassing - crying in public at the drop of a hat! I take AgnusCastus, Evening Primrose, B6 and St Johns Wort to try to flatten it all out a bit and a magnesium supplement to curb the chocolate craving (I also turn into the Cookie Monster on a chocolate fest!) So you are not alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so funny. I totally identify. Except it's just the kids that bear the brunt of it (and my friends because I turn into a damp miserable sap). Hormones. Lovely things, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better. It really is the worst thing and even now, I rarely realise what it was all about until I find that familiar red patch!
    Thank you for your kind comments by the way - much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it get worse after having a baby? I had the worst bout of feeling down last Friday. Plus cramps and cravings. I only realised on Saturday where my sudden blues came from.
    Next time round I shall be back as a man, too. LIFE IS NOT FAIR (stamping on the ground)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same problem i turn into a crazy women when i'm on too, i've just finished and the black cloud has just left me thank god!! Its the longest i've had periods for lol for a while so i'm still getting used to having them again and i don't like the mood swings its like being pregnant all over again! Hope your better soon and i will be in touch over our get together when i come back from bognor xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone. My husband has been known to mutter 'thank god' at the arrival of mine, and it is not because he is relieved there isn't to be a third little one, but relief that he has not, in fact, married a witch.

    Sign me up to that coming back as a man list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband has my "dates" marked on his calendar on his cell phone to give him warning before he comes home from work.

    It's so true how it's so real while it's happening and if he dares to blame hormones on my mood I can totally loose the plot, as soon as it's over though i see the light. poor guy.

    I don't know if you can get them over there but try checking out a supplement called 30 plus...my friend recommended these and swears by them. they aren't prescription. sold in health stores over here anyway.

    widge xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. PMS sucks.

    I've been a nightmare the last few days! Had my baby girl 11 weeks ago so must be due to have a period soon. Hope for my poor hubby's sake it happens sooner rather than later as I am keraaaayzeee right now!

    Evening primrose oil is meant to help.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain, I am like a ogre before my period. My girls have got used to know and will ask 'is this your grumpy week?'. Sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear I know exactly where your coming from. Horrible....it's as though your body becomes possessed. I HATE it!
    Amazing how it turns us back into teenagers too.
    Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo, doesn't your husband know that that is not a sensible remark? How did you stop yourself from killing him?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you don't mind but I have tagged you to do a lovely little meme:

    http://fourdownmumtogo.blogspot.com/2009/08/write-on.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I get that, too. Do you eat everything that's not nailed down as well? And I always gain a couple of kilos, too. (Of course this is not related to the bouts of obsessive eating.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A friend told me that eating pineapple is good for PMT. Mind you, they are good for throwing at men too! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I turn into a weepy soggy mess. Eat to make myself feel better, then get angry at myself for eating crap! Men don't know how easy they have it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What worked for me was radically cutting sugar out of my diet. I mean, radically. Bummer, I know. Worth a try for a month or two, to see if it works?

    But listen up. You've got it totally wrong about coming back as a man. Would you like to be on the receiving end of being married to a woman? I'm coming back as a man, but only a gay one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I'm a guy who faces the brunt of my crazy pmt girlfriend. Like someone said man cannot mention cycle as the reason for her craziness. But pretty much every fourth week I have a psychotic girlfriend. How can I tell her?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!