Tuesday 9 June 2009

It's official....i'm a lightweight!

This weekend i escaped from my mummy job and spent the night on the town in Leeds with my bestest and some old school friends, i had a ball and i definitely needed to let my hair down but i don't think i will be repeating it anytime soon. You see i am a major lightweight and since having kids i am laughable, making it past 12:30 am is considered an all nighter for me now!

So having spent all Saturday night in and out of all the glamorous bars and on the guest list of some apparently exclusive nightclub, it got to two am and i was seriously flagging, i wanted to take off my dancing shoes head straight home and have a cup of tea. My party mad best friend was not the slightest bit impressed, but i pouted and refused to dance anymore, so she had no choice to admit defeat - i mean two am is commendable for me! We stopped off for the essential kebab and i was tucked up in bed and fast asleep for three thirty.

To be honest going out on the town doesn't hold much appeal to me anymore, i build it up in my head and get really excited about having a good dance and getting all dolled up but after about two hours i find myself wondering what the kids are up too and wishing i was home reading them their bedtime story. I know i sound so dull, and i can assure you i was quite the party animal pre-kids, but if i want to completely let myself go then i need to be hammered and i just cannot take the hangovers anymore, they no longer last a day but all week, and it's just not worth it. We had a great time travelling down to Leeds on the train and meeting my friend for lunch in Nandos (mmmmmmm..so delicious), and the best part of the whole weekend was getting ready with my mates over a few bottles of wine and swapping make up tips, something i haven't done in years and had forgotten how much fun it is. I guess i really am growing up - scary!

I really shouldn't have worried about the kids though as they were busy being spoiled by my parents (hence the chavtastic outfits) who had taken them out on a shopping spree, Mimi resembled Paris Hilton and Fi looked like Britney.

14 comments:

  1. As we always say 'It's nice to go out, but it's nice to come home'! I can't do the drinking thing anymore, I need to be on top form to look after my two. Glad you enjoyed some if it and you did really well to stay up so late :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 AM!!!?? Arrgghhh.....it would kill me,I know just where you're coming from!!! I get to a certain point then just stop, that's it,want out now, need to go home, start anticipating how crap I'm going to feel the next day (and the day after, and the day after etc) Noooooo, staying in is the new going out as far as I'm concerned (unless there's nice food involved, can always do that!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. argh, your blog keeps crashing on me. now, what was I saying, some burbling about FOUR KIDS UNDER FIVE!!! No wonder you're knackered. Blimey. And, don't worry, if worry you were, that wistful missing 'em when you dare to be out contemplating enjoying yourself passes. Honest. You'll be back dancing on tables one day.
    Thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did well staying out til 2!!! My hangover also lasts all week and it takes me ages to catch up on the lost sleep! Glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! It is fun to go out, but hangovers with kids? Not so much fun! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not lightweight! Last time I went out I had to leave just as things were getting going so I could get to bed, and that was at 10pm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Britney and Paris? Looks like you already provided the next generation of party animals. With such worthy successors of your status, you don't have to worry about being lightweight or not, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, I can't do nights out any more, either. I left the mums' night out at 10pm! I do love a girly lunch though, guess I must be growing up too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comments guys, i think i'll be adopting katherines stance "staying in is now officially the new going out!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. God, I can barely stay awake after the Archers some days! But the girly things stay. For my last birthday with a zero, I went for a spa weekend with my favourite girlie friends and we stayed on a permanent champagne high the whole time. We only slept during treatments and eschewed the carrot juice completely. On the Sunday afternoon, when the taxis came to take us back to unreal life, one of my friends was so blissed out that when the driver asked what wonderful treatments she'd had, she proclaimed that the marujana wrap and massage was just heaven.
    Don't grow up ... let the kids do that for you. Just grow bad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did well too staying up until that time.

    I usually cant get past 11pm without sitting in an armchair with a cuppa & ciggie! How sad is that???


    Pleased you had a great time RMxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always nice to go out with your girlfriends. I find I'm the same way, I get so excited to go out, party, but when I get there I'm bored after an hour or two! AH!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!